Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Great Missenden to Amersham


I'm very pleased with the purchase of the Time Out guide to walks near London. Last Sunday, we got up at an unspeakably early hour (those who know me well will know that I value my lie-ins dearly), and took the train to Great Missenden. It was then a 10-mile walk - across fields, through woods (as pictured), over stiles and through a surprisingly large number of kissing gates - to Amersham. The walking itself took about five hours, and luckily we weren't graced by rain. Towards the end, we even enjoyed some blue sky.
I've done a walk (and I say this having just checked my diary) every single weekend since the New Year; even if it's just 90 minutes around Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, it's been good to get into the rhythm of regular training...
...Although there's a small difference between 10 miles and 100km...

No comments:

Post a Comment